The Journeyman Certification has the following goals:
- Demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge of bees, beekeeping and activities related to beekeeping.
- Develop the ability to mentor and teach other beekeepers.
- Including the ability to give presentation to groups of non-beekeepers on beekeeping.
- Contribute service to the beekeeping community
- Develop and implement your own Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Demonstrate successful hive and bee yard management Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.
- Demonstrate knowledge of splits, nucs and combining colonies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of queen rearing and requeening.
- Maintain a detailed colony inspection log for one or more hives including mite checks.
- Develop and give or share a presentation or paper on a bee-related topic of choice.
- Participate in bee related community activity.
- Must be a certified Apprentice Beekeeper from an approved program.
- Must have 3 full years of experience as a
- Must be an active member of a local beekeeping Association or Washington Master Beekeepers.
Below is the link to our form to use for documenting your activities